The celebration of ParyatanParv (16th to 27th September 2018) organized by the Ministry of Tourism reached a high note on its 4th and 5th day, with a series of activities and events being held across the country. The events with an aim to sensitize people about Sustainable Tourism, Swachhta, and to promote tourism were organized in collaboration with the India Tourism domestic offices, Central / State Government organizations and other Stakeholders.
Following are the key highlights from 4th and 5th day of the Parv across the country:
19th September 2018, Day 4:
- Glimpses of events at Rajpath lawns , New Delhi
- Apart from the events in Rajpath Lawns, IndiatourismDelhi organized an inter school drawing competition themed ‘DekhoApnaDesh’ in which 370 MCD Schools participated. Hon’ble Mayor Sri B.B. Singh and the local councilor graced the event, participated by the Regional Director and distributed prizes. A Yoga Session was also organized at the ALT center, Ghaziabad, in collaboration with Vihangam Yoga Sansthan. JamiaMilliaIslamia in collaboration with Indiatourism Delhi organised a NukkadNatak on the theme ‘Hindustan Dekho’,Cleanliness Drive and the students also took a swachhtashapath
- Bangalore: IHM Bangalore-Students cleaned the public parking pathway in front of IHM Gate. The main focus of ParyatanParv celebrations was on sanitation and the importance of maintaining a hygienic environment. A sensitization programme for street side vendors was also organized. India tourism Bangalore in association with KLE College organized a seminar on “Tourism and the Digital Transformation”, in KLE College. Indiatourism Bangalore celebrated ParyatanParv by organizing a Sketching and painting competition at Hospet.
- IndiatourismImphalorganised an awareness programme on “The Importance of Tourism”, for JCRE students.
- NIWS/IITTM Goa organized a ParyatanParv Rally in association with India Tourism, Goa Tourism and IHM Goa. The rally started from Kala Academy and reached to Miramar Beach. The participants were from NIWS/IITTM Goa Staff, IHM Students, and India Tourism staff. India tourism Goa organized an Incredible India run from Kala Academy and Miramar Beach, in association with Goa Tourism and IHM Goa.
- IndiatourismVaranasi organized Yoga Sessions in collaboration with SadguruSadafalDeoVihangamYogSansthan at SwarvvedaMahamandirUmahara,Varanasi, which was attended by more than 75 people.
- IndiatourismHyderabad in association with Bhongir Rock climbing school organized a trek to Bhongir fort and also organized a motivational speech by Ms. Jai Bharati and Ms. Shanti, who completed 17000 KM by road in 50 days in 7 countries, directed at 200 girl students of various schools. IHM Hyderabad organised a Swachhta drive at the College, as part of the celebrations.
- Indiatourism, Chennai organized a ‘Heritage Walk’ around Meenakshi Amman Temple in Madurai. There was a lecture by Madurai Kamaraj University on the importance of tourism and heritage of Madurai. A shadow play was also conducted at two schools in Madurai vizRajan Matriculation School and VKK Playgroup Matriculation School, based on the themes ‘Importance of Tourism’ and ‘Clean India’.
- IndiatourismMumbai organized five Heritage walks in Mumbai, Yoga sessions in Nashik and Shirdi. Indiatourism also organized a water ride for school students and BastarMahotsav, in association with Chhattisgarh Tourism Board.
- IndiatourismAurangabad organized a Heritage walk as a part of the ParyatanParv celebrations.
- IndiatourismIndore organized an Asthanga Yoga and Pranayama session in KV, Indore as a part the ParyatanParv celebrations.
- IHM Guwahatiorganised a painting competition on the theme of ‘SwachhtaPakhwada’. Lectures were also organized on ‘Assam as a Tourist Destination’, by Dr. AnirbanBaishya and on ‘Digitalization of Tourism Services’, which was delivered by Dr. Amit Dey.
- IHM Gwalior conducted a painting and collage making competition among our students with the theme, “Importance of cleanliness in Tourists Site” and “Tourist awareness regarding cleanliness”. A waste management workshop was also organized by a retired professor of ofJiwaji University, Gwalior.
20th September 2018, Day 5:
- Glimpses of events at Rajpath lawns , New Delhi
- Indiatourism Mumbai organised two heritage tours of Mumbai. The first tour was a walking tour of Colonial Heritage sites of Mumbai and the second tour focussed on the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Mumbai which is a collection of Art Deco buildings.It also organised a Yoga Session at Shirdi and Nasik.
- Indiatourism Indoreorganised a session to promote the lesser known destinations of Madhya Pradesh with the students of KendriyaVidyalaya at Indore.
- IndiatourismImphal organised a cultural programme at Khonoma Village, Nagaland.
- Government of Gujarat took an initiative to make people aware about cleanliness around pilgrimages through Play and walk for swachhta.They also organised a wildlife exhibition in Vadodara.
- IHM Guwahatiorganised an Awareness program on Hygiene in their campus.ASwachhta Parade was also held from IHM Guwahati to BarbariChowkat.
- Government of Arunachal Pradesh with support of the Arunachal Pradesh Tour Operator Association (APTOA) organised an orientation on Homestay hospitality and Rural Tourism at Sangdupota under Papumpare district in Arunanchal Pradesh.
- Indiatourism Delhi organized a Sensitization program for taxi and Auto drivers at Lodhi Road.
- IHM Hyderabadorganised Demonstration of compositing with the help of Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation (GHMC) at college premises. Awareness towards segregation of wet & dry waste and its importance were the main elements.
- Indiatourism Varanasi organised Yoga session in the premise of Indiatourismoffice.It was attended by hoteliers, travel operators, RLG guides, other stakeholders of tourism, local residence and indiatourism officials.
- Indiatourism, Chennai in association with U.S. Consulate General, Chennai and Puducherry Tourism, organized two Interactive Sessions on “Sustainable Tourism”. In the forenoon, the interactive session was held at Pondicherry University and in the afternoon the workshop was held at Hotel The Sunway Manor, Puducherry.
- IndiatourismPatna in association with BTMC, IHM and SIHM,Bodhgayaorganised a special Swachhta activity at Bodhgaya. The students and officials spread the message of Cleanliness through a Rally with thematic message- wielding placards &banners,collection and disposal of garbages and educating locals about benefits of Swachhta through NukkadNataks.
- Government ofTelangana and Indiatourism Hyderabad organized awareness campaign on importance of water bodies & cleanliness drive at Neknampurlake, Hyderabad.There was a Talk on importance of water bodies by Sri. Tirupathaiah, Director General (Additional PCCF),a NukkadNatak by students of IHM Hyderabad, Cultural dance by School children and a Heritage walk around the lake. Cleaning of the lake was also undertaken.
- IHM Gwalior conducted an essay competition,arangoli competition and a painting competition at their campus.
- Indiatourism Jaipur organized Heritage Walk from World Heritage Site – JantarMantar. IHM Jaipur, Tourist Guide Association, Hotel & Restaurant Association of Rajasthan, Indian Association of Tour Operators, Travel Agents Association of India, Rajasthan Association of Tour Operators, owners of B&B Establishments beside members of general public participated.
Let’s block ads! (Why?)